House of the Water in Nou Barris
- » Location: Barcelona
- » Client: Pro Nou Barris, S.A.
- » Cost: 1.640.831,79 €
The remodellong project of the House of the Water contemplates 6 different performances:
- Firstly, the modification of the access to the precinct: all the perimeter of the work has been enclosed with a galvanized fence, except for the area corresponding to Garbí street, where it has been placed an iron fence with twoo doors to get into the precinct, one of them for the pedestrian access and the other one for the acces of vehicles.
- Recovery and renewal of the tanca modernist which delimits the area of gardens and the two existing buildings (ancient building for chlorination of water and the hut of the guard).
- Rehabilitation of the hut of the guard, destined to new changing rooms for the future users of the vegetable gardens, with lockers, benches and toilets.
- Reform of the surroundings of the water chlorination building, with the construction of two ramps to facilitate handicapped people to access to the vegetable gardens area.
- New use of the gardens area: the cover slab of the old water tanks has been waterproofed, topsoil has been placed and a new plantation of new species has been carried out.
- Formation of 30 allotments of vegetable gardens distributed in two areas to cultivate them. They are little urban vegetable gardens included in the promotion program carried out by Parks and Gardens of Barcelona.
Pro Nou Barris
Pro Nou Barris